Postal Loans Service
Who is eligible to use this service?
- Part time students
- Placement students (see Factsheet 41 (pdf - 172kb))
- Students with disabilities and specific learning difficulties - pay return postage only
- Health Alliance students - charges may apply*
- Overseas partnership students (journal articles only) - charges may apply*
- Other users who are able to make a case to L&IS as a designated 'away' student (including 'block delivery' and distance learning students) - charges may apply*
*5 free requests then charges may apply - contact Customer Services on 01642 342100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
What does the postal service provide?
This service provides access to Library collections for the above users who have been identified as having particular difficulties in directly accessing L&IS services due to their mode of study. This will include posting out Library stock items that are available for loan and the photocopying and posting of journal articles at a charge. Further details can be found on Factsheet 85 (pdf - 167kb).
- Availability of items can be checked online via The Catalogue or by phoning the Library on 01642 342100 during full service opening hours and pressing zero to speak to a member of staff.
- All requests will be posted as first class recorded delivery. The service will incur a charge which will be placed on to your account; further details of the charges can be found on the Factsheet.
- To access this service you will need to register by completing and submitting the following registration form before submitting a request.
- Once you have registered for this service you will need to either download or print the request forms below (book request forms can be submitted online) or contact Customer Services on 01642 342100 and request that the forms be posted to you.
Further information is available by telephoning the Library on 01642 342100 or by e-mailing your query to email@example.com.