Links to Other Libraries
These are links to other libraries that you may find useful in your research:
- SCONUL Access Scheme - a co-operative venture between higher education libraries enabling university staff, postgraduate research students, part-time, distance, and placement students to borrow material from other libraries. In addition, there is a provision for full-time students and for staff to use other libraries on a reference only basis. Membership is open to any higher education institution in the UK and over half are now members. Northern Collaboration Undergraduate Borrowing Scheme (UBS). This scheme has been introduced as a pilot for the 2014/2015 academic year. It will allow full-time undergraduate students from participating institutions to borrow material from other participating Northern Collaboration libraries. The participating institutions are Cumbria University, Edge Hill University, Huddersfield University, Liverpool Hope University, Salford University and Teesside University
- COPAC - access to the online catalogues of 24 of the largest University research libraries in the UK and Ireland, plus the British Library, the National Library of Scotland, and the National Library of Wales.
- SUNCAT - UK Union Catalogue of Serials - SUNCAT is an EDINA service which enables researchers and librarians to locate serials held in libraries throughout the UK. SUNCAT contains information on both print and electronic serials, including journals, periodicals, newspapers, newsletters, magazines, annual reports and other publications of a continuing nature. SUNCAT includes serials' information from over 60 UK libraries, including the British Library, the National Libraries of Scotland and Wales, some of the largest Higher Education institutions in the UK and a number of specialist libraries. Serials holdings from new libraries will be added over time.
- WorldCat - WorldCat connects you to the collections and services of more than 10,000 libraries worldwide
- the UK's National
Library website. From this site there is also access to other catalogues such as newspapers, manuscripts, maps, the sound archive, current serials and other specialist collections.
Integrated British Library Catalogue | English Short Title Catalogue
- British Library Reading Rooms - information on the admissions process to accessing the British Library Reading Rooms.
- UK Public Libraries - a list all of the UK Public Library Authorities that have websites.
- NHS Evidence Health Information Resources - The NHS Evidence Health Information Resources is a modern, integrated, hybrid service that aims to be 'the best, most trusted health related knowledge service in the world'. It comprises NHS funded services across the country and, a digital hub, plus commissioned information services and products.
- Health Education North East - replacing the County Durham and Tees Valley Health Libraries Alliance, this site is a gateway to library, information and knowledge services for health and social care staff in the north east of England.
- Literary & Philosophical Society (Lit & Phil), Newcastle upon Tyne - The Literary & Philosophical Society (Lit & Phil) in Newcastle upon Tyne is the largest independent library outside London, housing over 150,000 books. There is also a large music library, without equal in the North of England, including 8,000 CDs and 10,000 LPs.
- Inter Library Loans - Information on who is eligible for Inter Library Loans, how to get them and how to access the British Library reading rooms.