Library & information services
There are short stay PCs currently located on the first floor of the Library and in the Touchdown area on the ground floor. These are limited to 20 minutes.
Essential System Maintenance
Essential system maintenance will take place on Tuesday 17 December from 8.30am. Access may be intermittent to MyAccount to renew/reserve during this time. All other Library systems will be working as normal.
Librarians2U service at Darlington campus
The Librarians2u service has now ended for the autumn term and will resume in the new year (dates and times to be arranged).
Artists' Book Collection
From early December a collection of artists' books will be available in the Library. Artists' books are books created by artists as works of art in their own right.
The collection is intended primarily to be used as a learning and teaching resource for Fine Art and Graphics but could also provide a source of inspiration for creative writing students.
The collection is located on open shelves and in a glass display cabinet near the office on Floor 2 of the Library.
A factsheet giving more details and a list of items available in the collection is available here.
Assignments Drop Box
The box has been removed until further notice because of maintenance. Please deliver any work for assessment to the Assignments Office (Room 2.08, Floor 2, Middlesbrough Tower) or the drop box outside of the Assignments Office. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.
New Resource: Financial Times
We now have access to FT.com which is a fantastic source of business and industry analysis. The database contains a large number of in depth reports covering a wide range of management and business issues including: in depth coverage of UK and international business, finance, economic and political news. It also contains comment and analysis from leading journalists and insight into management trends and new developments.
To access FT.com go to the A-Z of Online Databases.
New Library BagsThe new eco-friendly and re-usable Library bag is now on sale in the Library for £2.50.
Your new Library Catalogue
Your new Library Catalogue was launched in September and we would like to have your feedback. Features include:
- One easy to use search box for any combination of author, title or keyword
- New ways to refine your search
- Results sorted by relevance, date, author or title
- Images of book jackets
- My Lists to create lists of favourite items
- Mobile device version using the same URL
- My Account to view Loans, Charges, Reservations, Inter Library Loans, Loan History
- Change PIN option
Please leave feedback by emailing Libraryhelp@tees.ac.uk or complete a comments card available in the Library.
The Learning Hub is located on the ground floor of the Library and provides practical advice, workshops and tutorials on developing your academic skills including literature searching, referencing, writing and maths. We are open Mon-Fri 9am-7pm. We are now piloting self-booking for tutorials - see http://tees.libguides.com/learninghubtutorials. If you find that no appointments are available or that they are at unsuitable times, drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your requirements.
Come along and try one of our Succeed@Tees workshops - full of useful information, tips and practical exercises designed to help you achieve academic success. To find out more about the range of Succeed@Tees workshops visit our website at http://tees.libguides.com/workshops
Harvard Referencing at Teesside
A new edition of Cite them right (the standard University guidelines for Harvard referencing) is now available. To keep up-to-date with the changes to referencing electronic books and journals see the new online version.
As well as examples of how to cite and reference a multitude of formats there is guidance on why it is necessary to reference and how to avoid plagiarism.
Replacement TUSCs should be requested via Teesside University online shop. You will need your username and password to log on to the online shop.
Tips for Studying - Email Attachments
If you open an email attachment to work on, for example a Word document, ensure that you save the attachment onto your homespace (as a 'Save As' function to your U drive) before doing any work on it.
Library Virtual iZone
Can't get into the Library iZone to ask a question or check something out? Why not contact us via our Virtual iZone service?
- Telephone - 01642 342100 during office hours (Outside of office hours leave a message on the 24 hr voicemail service and we'll get back to you).
- Email to email@example.com. We aim to respond within 24 hours.
- Library website contact us form - on the L&IS homepage scroll down to the links at the bottom of the page, select "feedback" and complete the online form. Alternatively go straight to url http://lis.tees.ac.uk/ccc/default.cfm.
- Facebook - send us a message via Facebook - 'Teesside University Library'.
Is there too much noise in the area where you are working in the Library?
If someone is disturbing your study by chatting or making a noise, you can email us and a member of staff will attend as soon as possible. Email firstname.lastname@example.org between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday, telling us the floor number, your location (e.g. computer cluster student union side) and brief details of the problem. Alternatively, please inform any member of our roving staff or call at the Library iZone.
- 18 Dec | Arithmetic for drug calculations: calculations of dosages for syrups and injections
- 08 Jan | Academic writing
- 09 Jan | E-books@Teesside
- 10 Jan | Doing a literature search
- 13 Jan | Harvard referencing
More news ...
- Christmas Vacation opening hours
- Autumn Term opening hours
- CINAHL Workshops
- Teesside University Library features in the Guardian's top 20 of the most interesting designs in university libraries of the twenty-first century. View the picture on the Guardian website
- IT Quick Start Guide
- Laptop loans at Darlington Campus
- 30 minute sleep mode on student PCs
- Recycling facilities in the Library
- Self-collect reservations
- Library Policy Statements (pdf - 86kb)
View a list of resources for your subject area